JanelleStalder

Janelle Reads and Writes

Lover of the written word! Join me as I discuss books, both my own and those I've read and loved.

The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3) - H.D. Gordon I'm at a loss for words. I literally just finished this and my mind is still trying to wrap around what just happened. The Rise is definitely the best book in the series, so far. Although from what I hear I might be retracting that statement after reading the final book. So much happened in this book that I absolutely loved. In the second book we were introduced to Nelly's POV, which I have to admit I wasn't too fond of because I was used to just seeing things from Alexa's POV, and she is just so incredibly bad ass lol Nelly is still such a quiet, gentle character in book two that I didn't want to read her parts, I was more interested in Alexa's. Well that sweet Nelly sure took an unexpected turn in this book. Wow! I LOVED that both these girls are becoming such strong, lethal characters. Nelly went a little wild, but that's okay because I loved it! The hotness between Alexa and Kayden was, as usual, yummy. My opinion of Jackson was drastically altered, which is what I'm having the hardest time accepting. And things are just getting so insane that I can't even imagine how this is all going to play out. Definitely H.D. at her best! Loved it!