JanelleStalder

Janelle Reads and Writes

Lover of the written word! Join me as I discuss books, both my own and those I've read and loved.

Determinant (The Guardians of Vesturon #3) - A.M. Hargrove Okay, so I had to give the book before this only four stars, just to show how much better I thought this one was compared to it. They are both great though, don't get me wrong! Determinant just seemed to have everything the first was lacking. I'm not even sure what that is, to be honest. In the beginning of Survival I found myself confused by the numerous flashbacks, and just trying to learn the characters and story. When I realized just what kind of book it was, I was SHOCKED, to say the least. The Author has a wonderful gift for catching me off guard, and I'd like to think that's not an easy thing to do. I can often tell where books are headed, but not so much with this series. The men in both books left me sighing. They confess their love like no other! Some of the sweetest exchanges I've ever read. (I just realized that this review is really like a combined review for both, but oh well. I don't normally do reviews at all, so you'll just have to bear with me.) Determinant from the very start had me hooked. Where the other one I had to take my time to get into, this one grabbed my attention instantly. Also the writing is so much more refined and flows wonderfully. Both books were awesome, but maybe one just a bit more so than the other ;) Can't wait to read more!